We want The Golf Space and its content to be clean and free of spam (unwanted solicitations). Please read below before posting in this area as some policies differ for personal profiles versus this forum.
Spammers will be disqualified! Spammer's accounts will be deleted and their IP address banned. We will have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on spam. If you send out bulk emails to members, or do other "spammy" activities you'll be 86'd.
Here's a list of what we would consider to be spam:
* Posting the same content in multiple places (multi-posting in the forum, blogs, etc).
* Posting multiple outgoing links in the forum, blog comments etc. (links in personal profiles are permitted)
* Posting affiliate links, google ads or pay-per-click links in the forum, profile, blogs, comments...
* Sending out bulk copy/paste/duplicated private messages to members
* Posting content which is not relevant to the topic.
* Using the forum as an advertising venue.
* Using TGS solely as a means to recruit members to another site and not contributing anything to the TGS community.
The site is about networking, and reasonable posting of your golf related content, within your profile and blogs, is fine. Unlike other golf sites, we're fine with you linking to your golf web site or business or golf course, within your profile and blog posts, in a reasonable and non spammy fashion.
Forum Specific Rules
The spam rules above apply to the forum as well as the policies below.
The forum is for discussion of golf related and other subjects. Using the forum to promote commercial solely to drive visitors to web other sites is not permitted. Linking to topic relevant web sites is permitted.
The forum is NOT an advertising billboard. The forum is NOT a place where businesses or other web sites may post outgoing links, information about offers, sales or products they are selling. "For sale" items are to be listed in The Golf Space SHOP. Entities who wish to reach TGS members in ways other than the social networking tools provided within their profile, may inquire about advertising rates.
Without a rule like this for the forum, it would be flooded with spam and solicitations and members would likely not use it anymore.
Please take the time and click the RULES link at the bottom of each TGS page for the site's full rules policies.