Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shot of the week

Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8303

• Tony
  • Admin
I could swear I started this thread before but I can't find it now. I'll start another one, and sticky this one so it shows up at the top of the thread.

Post your shot of the week here now!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8304

• Tony
  • Admin
I had not only the shot of the week, but probably the shot of the year today.

In the midst of possibly the craziest round EVER, where I shoot +7 on par 3's, have a double, a triple and several three putts... I shot 72. Yes, crazy. How can I be +7 on par-3's and shoot 72? Fireworks baby.

I played the back nine first... I got to #3 (my 12th hole) at even par. I then chunk a horrible 5-iron into the lake on this par three. The air is cold and my right hand went completely numb due to the cold and the horrible contact. I hit my 3rd shot on the green, then 3-putt. It is nice to be even par, then get a triple bogey. Let me tell you.

So I get to #4, the hardest hole on the front. We have a cold two club headwind. I stripe a hybrid down the middle. I'm 171 to the pin. I have to pull my 5-iron, the same club I gagged into the lake 10 minutes earlier.

I turned to my pal Dave and said "oh man I have to hit this club again. Well I guess it has a chance to redeem itself..."

I hit a super solid high fade right at the flag. The shot looked good in the air and ended up looking pretty close to the hole. The green is just slightly elevated so it was hard to see the ball but we could make it out.

As we walked to the hole, about 75 yards short I was telling Dave that my shot looked close but might be short. We could see it and really couldn't tell how close it was.

Then as we walked up the edge of the green and got a better look... no ball. Many shots which hit this green go long, but no ball over the green.

There was only one place the ball could be, in the hole. I turned my camera on and recorded some commentary as Dave walked up. His thumbs up signal let me know that yes, I just score a two on the hardest par-4 on the course, into a cold two-club wind.

We figured that ball had to be sitting on the edge of the cup for at least five minutes before it dropped. Good thing we walked this round and it took that long to get to the hole. If we rode in a cart, my eagle would have been a tap in birdie.

That is my shot of the week, and shot of the year.

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Tony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: golfnut59

Re:Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8307

Clicking on the play button gives me a message that this is a 'private video' and that I have to accept the 'senders friend request'.

Sounds like a great shot though.

Re:Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8308

• Tony
  • Admin
Try it now! I changed to a new Mac and I guess the new version of iMovie publishes youtube videos as private by default.

One cool thing is that since I upgraded the forum engine here, just posting a youtube URL automatically puts the video in. Very cool! I didn't even need to use BBCode or anything.

Re:Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8321

Great shot Tony. If I was Dave I would be suspiciously eyeing up any squirrels in the area.

Re:Shot of the week 4 years 11 months ago #8325

My shot of the week so far came on Saturday in the tournament. I duck hooked a horrible drive way less than 200 yards into the rough off the 11th tee, a medium long par 4 that plays dead into the wind. My ball was just off the fairway left sitting up pretty well and I had 235 to the front edge with the pin in back and I hit a perfect 3W. I thought at first that it had maybe landed in the bunker on the front right but it evidently had enough draw and carry on it to get past the bunker and ended up within 5 feet of the pin. Naturally I missed the birdie putt but still saved a par after that horrendous drive. There is nothing more satisfying than hitting two or three great shots in a row, but hitting a really perfect shot after hitting a stinker is a close second.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds