Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shot of the week

Re: Shot of the week 8 months 6 days ago #14238

• Tony
  • Admin
Would like to see TGS get rolling again. I've been away for a while. Lots of great users here and lots of content.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shot of the week 2 years 6 months ago #14217

• Tony
  • Admin
Had a blast today at Soldier Hollow Golf Course, literally... in some extreme winds. The score was not indicative of how good the round was. Hit the ball very solid. Shot of the day on the par-3 #17, 214 into some heavy wind. Drew a 4-iron to the back left pin to 18 inches. The day's lone birdie. Nice to play the round with my best golf buddy too. Great day.

Shot of the week 2 years 7 months ago #14212

Had a great round yesterday at my favorite course in Oregon and that includes the courses in Bandon. Not my best score here but certainly hit my best shot yesterday on the 10th. A sharp dogleg left, par 4, 440 yd. Drew a 3 wood around the corner and had about 150 to a pin in the back right. Hazard front and dead long, hit an easy 8 iron. I hit the ball pretty high and this one was no different. Landed it 3/4 paces on and it rolled into the cup for a duece. I don't think I've ever even made birdie here before so this one was special. Toughest hole on the course for me. Driver is lost if it doesn't draw and takes all the 3 wood I can hit to get in good position. Of course I bogeyed the next 2 holes to give it back. Love Elkhorn Valley in Lyons Oregon. 100 mile drive but worth every bit of it.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by gdmcc1955. Reason: Misspelled word

Shot of the week 2 years 7 months ago #14215

• Tony
  • Admin
Nice shot. I'll have to check out Elkhorn Valley for sure.

Shot of the week 3 years 1 week ago #13571

• Tony
  • Admin
Been a while since I've posted a shot of the week.

I missed the green right on the 17th at River Oaks. The ball was in a drainage depression, next to a drain.

I was short-sided with pretty much no green to work with, about 8 feet to the fringe, then 10 feet to the pin. Plus, there was a downslope starting at the fringe. The only way to get the ball in the same zip code of the hole was to try a Phil Mickelson mega-flop.

I opened up the blade until it was practically parallel to the ground. I took a full swing and made sure to keep the club how through the hitting area. The ball landed like a wet sack of you know what, right on the fringe. The ball trickled down and dropped straight in the hole.

I could hit 1000 shots from that spot and not hole it out from there.

That's the shot of the week.

Shot of the week 3 years 2 months ago #13523

• Tony
  • Admin
I had two shots of the week Sunday.

1. 193 out in deep rough behind a tree about 15 feet in front of me. The trunk of the tree was split into a V shape. The line to the pin was straight through the V in the tree, about 3 feet in width. I closed my eyes and hit a full 4-iron. Split it perfect and ended up on the front fringe.

2. Par-3 hole. Ended up in a bunker short right of the green and the pin was back left. About a 60 foot bunker shot. Flew the ball to about 8 inches and it stuck right there. Tap-in par.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Tony.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds